The idea of creating your own website/blog/whatever can sound intimidating. There are a million questions with seemingly even more answers.
- What’s the best way to create your page?
- Where can you host it?
- How do you get your own domain?
And many, many more. Where do you even start?
But, you’re in luck! I used to have the same questions and today I’m gonna share my answers with you. So please, sit back, grab a hot beverage and enjoy the hard earned knowledge I distilled in this tutorial.
What you will learn
This tutorial is split into three distinct parts. Each of these a crucial but distinct part in builing your page:
- build your site using hugo
- deploy and host your page with now and setup your own domain
- use github and now to automatically deploy everything on push
At the end of this you’ll have all the skills necessary to create a website just like this one. Let’s get started, shall we?
Note: This post assumes you have some basic knowledge about the command line and git. If you are not familiar with git - or don’t feel comfortable using it - take a look at it’s website.